07767 321438 01825 766484 Email Us
2015 11 28 11.04.10
2015 11 28 11.04.10
2015 11 27 14.05.34
Glazing Side Angle
Bi Folds 850x450
Site Clearance 850x450
Wood Burner
Footings Dug 850x450
Kitchen Range
Floor & Drainage 850x450
Columns Fixed 850x450
Rafter & Steel Section 850x450
Kitchen 2
2015 11 28 11.05.03
2015 11 27 09.17.15
2015 11 28 11.01.37
2015 11 28 11.01.59
2015 11 28 11.04.10 2015 11 27 14.05.34 Glazing Side Angle Bi Folds 850x450 Site Clearance 850x450 Wood Burner Footings Dug 850x450 Kitchen Range Floor & Drainage 850x450 Columns Fixed 850x450 Rafter & Steel Section 850x450 Kitchen 2 2015 11 28 11.05.03 2015 11 27 09.17.15 2015 11 28 11.01.37 2015 11 28 11.01.59

Chantlers Extension

On looking at the drawings for this project I knew it was for us. The detail on the drawings was unusual in the fact that the clients had really looked at what they wanted and used all the space to their advantage. We had an advantage too as the clients were friends with 2 other clients that we had already completed large projects for, they were really impressed with what we had done for them so we got the project.

On clearing the site footings were dug and drains laid. Brickwork was built and then the concrete floor was constructed. More brickwork continued up to eaves height then the roof was built. A steelwork ‘A’ frame was fabricated off site then brought to site via crane and eased into place. The roof rafters were pitched off the ridge beam and ‘A’ frame.

The 2 storey part of the extension was coming on well with the dormers being formed and tiled and it didn’t take long to get the whole structure up and then in the dry. Once constructed the work carried on inside.

The large single storey extension is a kitchen diner with a full apex roof and large apex windows to let as much light in as possible. The clients supplied their own kitchen which looks perfect in the room. The old kitchen was careful removed from the existing part of the house and re vamped to fit in the new utility room. Upstairs the new bedrooms one with new en-suite was all taking shape then, once this was completed, decorating could commence.

We then started phase 2 which was the re-vamping and modernising the rest of the property, knocking out fireplaces to take new woodburning stoves and replacing all the skirting and architrave for new though out the house. We completely re-decorated every room with fresh new colours and cleaned up all the existing doors and also fitted new door handles. With a complete electrical re-wire and all the plumbing replaced apart from the boiler and a few radiators the project was complete.

The clients are extremely happy with what we have done for them and couldn’t wait to move back in to their new home.

Bespoke internet shelves were made for shoe storage too.